Saturday, June 7, 2014

Reflection of Web 2.0

Blog: I learned from blog that I can post anything. Also, I can share my post, videos, pic and more with my family, friends and public. However, anyone can comment on my posts and review your blog. In addition, I put videos that I like it and share pictures that I took it. I can choose from many different layouts and free themes, and able to categorize my blog posts and create a custom menu.

Diigo: I can choose to share with colleagues and friends to allow them to access the web page, view my notes and highlights, and add my own annotations. However, After I made any highlights or notes that I like, I can bookmark the page. In addition, I can share my bookmarks, complete with annotations, with friends and colleagues.  Also, I can send the information to individuals even if they don’t use Diigo.

Google Calender: It's very helpful to organize my schedule and it‘s very easy to use and simple. However, it’s free to use for everyone. I can share "calendars" with other people  which is help me to do activities with my classmates or group members.

Google Chrome: I can use google search quickly and type what I need in there. It’s useful and quick because I can open an incognito window. Also, it helps me to save an important site in bookmarks. I can show or hide the bookmarks bar by clicking on the wrench icon. Put a tab in a new window which make me to search quickly, which help me to do my projects and know lots of information.

Google Docs: I learned how to create and share online documents, spreadsheets and presentations and it's free web. It’s helpful to share information with my group members and friends. Also, Files are stored securely online, which can save your works if you lose it in your computer. If I make any mistakes, my colleague will edit and correct the mistakes. However, I should publish the files to enable my colleague to add and edit. I can take the files to anywhere without laptop or computer.

Google Drive and Dropbox: I can take my stuff to anywhere as my files in Drive can be reached from any Smartphone , tablet, or computer. So wherever I go, my files follow and I can keep pictures, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos – anything. Hover, Dropbox is a shared folder automatically appears in the Dropbox of the person I want to share it with.

Google Maps: It's very useful to and helpful as it can show me the places and the direction. However, I can know the distance and know if there is traffic or no. I can know how long will take from me to reach to the specific place and it includes driving directions.

Google Picasa: Picasa is a free program from Google that I can use to organize and edit my digital photographs. It will display my pictures in Library view. Also, I find pictures that I forgot that I had. Picasa makes it so easy to view them. Also, I can add new folders manually by clicking on Tools then Folder Manager.

Google Sites: Google Sites is a free and easy way to create and share webpages. I learned that how to keep my site as private or public. Search across my Google Site content with Google search technology. It enables me to keep my web content (for example, videos, online documents, Picasa photo slide shows and offline files in one central location).

Google+: I learned how to create my own site and see what interesting people have to say, take part in communities focused on my interests and activities. Also, I can add simple note or a special photograph to share life's important moments with the public and friends.


Prezi: is like Power Point but has cooler features like the slide transitions. It designs and creates presentation software. It enable me to insert pictures, videos and upload the presentation from my laptop. I can share it with my friends or families and public.

No comments:

Post a Comment